Benefits of Playing the Game
Whether this whole life-is-a-game idea is true or not, here are some of the benefits of acting like it's true:
- Practising mindfulness becomes more fun.
- You take life less seriously and don't sweat the small stuff.
- Death doesn't seem scary any more.
- There's a feeling of freedom and adventure.
- The question 'Who am I?' arises naturally when you disidentify with the character of yourself and you feel drawn to discovering and fulfilling your potential.
- There is a sense of connectedness with other players. You look at them in the eyes and feel you are in this game together.
- Being focused in the present comes naturally. When someone is playing a computer game they are aware of what is happening as it happens.
- A sense of wonderment about the sensual world arises. The graphics, the sound effects, the tastes etc. seem so vivid.
- You don't worry so much about what other people think of you. It's your game and nothing to do with them - so shyness and self-consciousness lessen.
- Enjoying life and being happy becomes your priority.
- Things like intuition and synchronicity seem totally reasonable in the virtual-game-framework and by being aware of them life seems magical.